Reliance to launch Jio 5G Services by Diwali 2022 in Metro cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. The company further added that it will be expanded to other cities and towns in phases rapidly to cover entire India in 18 months by December 2023. “Jio’s ambitious 5G rollout plan will be the fastest in the world,” the company said.
Jio’s 5G network will be Stand-alone with zero dependency on 4G network. The three-fold advantage of Stand-Alone 5G architecture, largest and best mix of spectrum and Carrier Aggregation technology means that Jio 5G will be able to offer an unparalleled combination of coverage, capacity, quality and affordability. With Stand-Alone 5G, Jio can deliver new and powerful services like low latency, massive machine-to-machine communication, 5G voice, Edge computing and network slicing, and metaverse,Mukesh Ambani during Launch event
Major Takeaways From Mukesh Ambani ’s Address
- Reliance Jio to launch 5G services by Diwali in key metros
- Reliance Jio aims to deliver 5G connectivity in every town of India by December 2023
- “Jio 5G will be the world’s largest and most advanced 5G network”, said Mukesh Ambani
- Rs 2 lakh crore investment announced for pan-India 5G network
- Setting up of India’s first carbon fiber plant with a capacity of 20,000 MT announced in Hazira, Gujarat
- Rs 75,000 cr investment committed in O2C (Oil to Chemical) business over next 3 years
- RIL to set up Giga factories for photovoltaic panels, energy storage, green hydrogen, and for fuel cell systems
- “Akash and Isha have assumed leadership roles in Jio, Retail. Anant joined New Energy Biz with great zeal”, said Ambani
- Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani on Monday said KG-D6 will contribute ~30% of India’s gas production.
- At Reliance Industries’ 45th Annual General Meeting (AGM), its chairman and managing director announced its new Giga Factory for Power Electronics.
Reliance Annual General Meeting 2022 has concluded with Mukesh Ambani attempting to woo investors with a magnified platter. However, a drop of 0.69 percent in the share price of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) gives an impression that investors did not get carried away much, and some may even have got disappointed with the business tycoon’s announcements.
Shortly after Mukesh Ambani, during the Annual General Meeting of Reliance Industries Ltd, announced the collaboration of Meta and Jio platforms to launch JioMart on WhatsApp, Meta (formerly Facebook) founder Mark Zuckerberg announced on social media that he is ‘excited’ about the launch.
Meta and Jio Platforms announced the launch of an end-to-end shopping experience on WhatsApp, where consumers can shop from JioMart right within their WhatsApp chat. JioMart on WhatsApp will enable users in India, including those who have never shopped online before, to seamlessly browse through JioMart’s entire grocery catalog, add items to the cart, and make the payment to complete the purchase – all without leaving the WhatsApp chat.